Re: [O] LaTex export questions

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] LaTex export questions
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:46:20 -0700

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rick,
>>
>> Your google search to find the "sffms" style package seems like it could
>> be the perfect answer to my quandary. I'm trying now to get my head
>> around acquiring it. I don't have a great track record with installing
>> things, and try to use package management systems when I can.
>>
>> Sffms is located on CTAN (which I'm learning about as I write
>> this!). I'm running Ubuntu, and believe I have TexLive installed, but
>> have never tried its package management system.
>>
>> What's a good way to proceed here?
>>

> You can search for packages containing a file:
>
> $ dpkg -S sffms.cls
> texlive-latex-extra: /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/sffms/sffms.cls
>
> So you need to install texlive-latex-extra:
>
> # apt-get install texlive-latex-extra
>
> You'll probably need to be root for that (or use the graphical thingie
> that will ask for your password).
>
> Nick

That dpkg search is a great thing to know about! So I just went through
the install process, and it turns out I already have the files in
question. I just haven't gotten them working yet. The website for sffms
says I need to put the following into my doc:

\documentclass{sffms}
\author{Lois McMaster Bujold}
\title{Komarr}
\begin{document}
Your story goes here.
\end{document}

Which seems encouragingly simple, but I'm a little confused about using
this LaTex markup in the context of an org document. Org has its own
markup to pass to latex for these I think, like #+AUTHOR. Is there
a similar one for \documentclass ?

Thanks again!
Steven