Re: [O] #+INCLUDE: myfile.html html does not include /literally/; Org pr

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] #+INCLUDE: myfile.html html does not include /literally/; Org processes
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 16:00:30 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm still not getting your argument or I misunderstand what you're
> trying to say.  Using "wrap" should produce an export block and nothing
> else.  So as long as there can be no export block named "center", the
> INCLUDE above would simply raise a user-error (yes, that check isn't in
> the quick&dirty patch I posted).

I thought you wanted to be able to wrap the contents within any block.
If you limit it to export blocks, then we're suggesting the same idea.
However, note that "wrap" is confusing because it sounds like Babel's
keyword and yet does something different.

> And since I think the list of NAMES that fit this description and is
> known in advance (by org syntax) ...

Unfortunately, that assumption is slightly wrong. Export blocks are
defined by export back-ends. If the export back-end is not loaded, the
block is a special block. This is not great, but in practice, it doesn't
matter much as we can safely assume all used back-ends are required
already at the time of export. The only export block we know for sure is
the one defined in the current back-end, hence my initial proposal.

Of course, it is still possible to raise a user-error (e.g., "unknown
export block") in front of anything unknown at the time of export.

Nicolas Goaziou