Re: [O] Source blocks with captions

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Source blocks with captions
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 09:23:12 -1000

Aloha Alexander,

Alexander Baier <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2014-06-23 17:43 Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> Alexander Baier <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hello org-moders!
>>>
>>> I just tried to put a caption under/on/above (or anywhere for that
>>> matter) my source code block.  When exporting to latex, I didn't see any
>>> caption belonging to my code block.  Other backends have not been
>>> tried.  How can I achieve this?
>>>
>>> For reference, I run Org-mode version 8.2.6 (release_8.2.6 @
>>> /home/delexi/.emacs.d/ext/org-mode/lisp/) and this is the org file:
>>>
>>> * Test
>>> #+CAPTION: Test
>>> #BEGIN_SRC java
>>>   // some code
>>> #END_SRC
>>
>> shouldn't that be
>>
>> ,----
>> | #+NAME: Test
>> `----
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> ,----
>> | #+CAPTION: Test
>> `----
>>
>> ?
>
> This does not work for me - I still see no caption or a similar thing in
> the vicinity of my code block.  Does "#+NAME" work for you?
>
> Regards,

There are two errors in your Org mode file on the BEGIN_SRC and END_SRC
lines.

With this code:

 * Test

 #+CAPTION: Test
 #+BEGIN_SRC java
    // some code
 #+END_SRC

I get a figure with a caption when exporting to LaTeX:

 \section{Test}
 \label{sec-1}

 \begin{figure}[H]
 \begin{verbatim}
 // some code
 \end{verbatim}\caption{Test}

 \end{figure}

You don't need to name the source code block, although it is typically a
good idea to do so.

hth,
Tom

--