[O] passing the contents of a block as an escaped string

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] passing the contents of a block as an escaped string
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:04:49 +0200

I'm trying to write some filters from Pygments, and to record what I'm
doing and make my life simpler, I'm doing it in an orgmode buffer. In
that buffer, I have the code I want to highlight in a source block, and
the python code for the Pygments extension in another block. I'm trying
to find out how to pass the escaped code from the source to highlight to
the python buffer.

I tried using noweb, but the expansion is verbatim and python complains
about the line breaks. So I'm wondering if there is a way to:
- pass a source block as an escaped string to another source block, or
- save a source block to a temporary file, and pass the file name to
a second source block.

Thanks,

Alan

--