[O] Multi-line links

From: Tobias Getzner
Subject: [O] Multi-line links
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 12:39:23 +0200

Dear org-mode list,

It appears that multi-line links in org-mode will only work with if
they span no more than two lines:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19919

I was wondering if this hard-coded limit could be removed in future
versions, also given the fact that the syntax spec. does not preclude
newline characters from appearing within links.

In my case, I was trying to set-up the org-ref extension so that it
would handle multi-line links like the following, which makes them more
legible than a single long line.

[[citet:green1994hybridreasoningmodel,
  green1994generatingindirectanswers,
  green1992conversationalimplicaturesindirect]]

The problem with this is that org-mode will only invoke the link
handler for the first to lines, apparently due to the hard-coded limit,
and for the third line, org-mode will only report «no link found».

Since org-ref parses the links internally (i. e., the link-open action
is different for each bibkey), this cannot be worked around by clicking
on the first two lines.

Best regards,
Tobias