Re: [O] org-contact Export

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: [O] org-contact Export
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:44:03 +0900

Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:

Hello Esben,

> Is there any way to retrieve a single org-contact as CSV or maybe a VCF
> file?
>
> I know I can export all of them, but is there a function to get just the
> one under point?

It wasn't possible, but it is now. I've slightly modified
`org-contacts-export-as-vcard' so that it will prompt for a user name
when called with a prefix argument.

The new function's behovior when called interactively is the following:
1. no prefix : do as before, export all contacts to
  `org-contacts-vcard-file'.
2. C-u : prompt for a contact name and use the contact at point if it
  exists, then export the matching contacts to
  `org-contacts-vcard-file'.
3. C-u C-u : same as 2. but prompt for a file name where to export
   instead of `org-contacts-vcard-file'.
4. C-u C-u C-u : same as 3. but prompt for a buffer name instead of a
   file name.

When the function isn't called interactively it behaves as it did
before.

WDYT?

Best,

--