Re: [O] Unicode (double-byte?) goofs up text table layout

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Unicode (double-byte?) goofs up text table layout
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 00:32:19 +0800

John Lusk <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey, org-mode crew.  Awesome app; I love it.  It's pretty much the
> only thing that keeps me in emacs these days (apart from writing
> Python code :) ).
>
> You probably already know about this problem, but here's a thousand
> words:
>

>     [cid]
>

> (I hope that comes through.)

A bit of work has gone into keeping double-byte characters from messing
up Org tables, but my guess is what you've got there is just an odd-out
glyph. It looks like the, erm, carrots (I'm not a mathematician) are
getting borrowed from a different font and substituted into your
fixed-width font where they don't quite belong.

[five minutes later]

I just went and did my homework and LOGICAL OR and LOGICAL AND are
in fact single-byte characters. If they look funny, it's just because
few fixed-width fonts come with all the necessaries. I don't think
there's much way around that...