Re: [O] left padding added each time a code block is edited

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] left padding added each time a code block is edited
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 15:47:28 +0200

Hi Noah,

Noah Hoffman <address@hidden> writes:

>> Each time I edit a code block using =C-c '= (org-edit-special) and
>> then return to the org-mode buffer, two spaces are added to the left
>> margin of the code. For example,
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC python
>> print "hello"
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> becomes
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC python
>>   print "hello"
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> after one round-trip. This is particularly problematic for python code
>> blocks since leading whitespace is meaningful.

Have you experienced any bugs with respect to this? On my system Babel
will even run this code correctly:

#+BEGIN_SRC python
           if True:
               return( "hello!")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: hello!

> 2. While this variable is very well documented, it isn't very
> discoverable via apropos or the html manual (at least, I wasn't able
> to discover it). Perhaps a reference can be added to this variable in
> the docstring for org-edit-src-code?

Patches are more than welcome!  There's a guide on Worg:

        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
A page of history is worth a volume of logic