Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking in on non-org files
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:47:58 +0200

Dnia 2014-08-16, o godz. 14:31:17
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Dnia 2014-08-16, o godz. 14:12:48
> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> napisał(a):
>
> > abovementioned TODO, for example), I can also C-c C-x C-i to clock
> > in, C-c C-x C-o to clock out and C-c C-x C-x to cancel the clock.
>
> Oops.  Clocking in doesn't work for some weird reason.  I sometimes
> get the "org-heading-components: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
> message, and sometimes it seems to jump to a wrong buffer.  Any ideas?

OK, sorry for spamming the list, but here's what I established (with
the help of Edebug).  The problem is with org-heading-components; for
some reason, the variable org-complex-heading-regexp is nil when
running that function.  This variable is buffer-local, and it seems
that (somehow) the value org-clock-in sees is nil.  A further
inspection shows that the (current-buffer) is (at that time) *not* the
one jumped to by org-open-at-point-global.  Anyone knows why that is
so?

BTW, I've just discovered org-open-link-from-string, so that I'll be
able to simplify my code a bit.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski