Re: [O] navi equivalent to 'g' speed command?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] navi equivalent to 'g' speed command?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:59:10 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hello,
>
>> I very often use the org speed command 'g' to navigate to a headline
>> (it opens a completion buffer that I can use to quickly fuzzy match the
>> target). Is there an equivalent navi workflow for non-org buffer in
>> outshine mode?
>
> Hmm... which command do you mean? I get

> | g   (org-refile t)
> `----
>
> but thats not the one you are talking about, right?

I just tried it out - this

,----
| g  (org-refile t)
`----

works in Outshine like in Org when using the tj-outshine branch from the
github repo, assuming you have

,----
| (setq outshine-use-speed-commands t)
`----

in you init file.

All 3 libs (outshine, outorg and navi-mode) have developed quite a bit
recently, but I want to include better tests for outorg and implement
most of Org-mode's user API (like e.g. org-refile) via the
`outshine-use-outorg' function before I merge the tj-outshine, tj-outorg
and tj-navi branches into their repective masters.

Maybe you could switch to the git-versions? Would be great for me to
have the development branches tested by somebody else, and you would get
the `outshine-use-outorg' functionality, which (in theory at least)
allows to call any Org command from Outshine. In the real world some
commands work out of the box (e.g. org-refile and org-priority), but
others would need some special handling (i.e. clocking with outshine
headers works only 'more-or-less').

There are so many Org commands, it will take some time to check if they
make sense in Outshine too, if they work out of the box or need some
extra hacking. But with the development version of outshine, one can
simply try if something like this works without any extra effort:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun outshine-priority ()
  "Call outorg to trigger `org-priority'."
  (interactive)
  (outshine-use-outorg 'org-priority))
#+END_SRC

--