[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[O] How can I add a note to a TODO state change sometimes but not always
[O] How can I add a note to a TODO state change sometimes but not always?
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:39:12 -0400 (EDT)
Alpine 2.02 (DEB 1266 2009-07-14)
I have this in a projects file:
#+TODO: TODO(t!) WAITING(w!) DONE(d!) CANCELED(c@)
When I move something from TODO to WAITING, it adds a timestamp without asking
for a note. That's fine 8 or 9 times out of 10 ... but sometimes I want to add
a note too.
If I use the @ it will always ask me for a note, and I have to C-c C-c to get
out of that. I'd like to avoid that if I can.
Is there a way (a prefix or alternate command) that I can use to have Org let me
add an optional note when I change a TODO state?
I see that C-c C-z (org-add-note) adds a note, but it does it to the item as a
whole, not to the WAITING workflow change, like so:
* WAITING Find out how to sometimes add a note when I change to WAITING
- Note taken on [2014-09-11 Thu 11:36] \\
Asked on mailing list
- State "WAITING" from "WAITING" [2014-09-11 Thu 11:30]
- State "WAITING" from "TODO" [2014-09-11 Thu 11:25]
William Denton ↔ Toronto, Canada ↔ http://www.miskatonic.org/
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [O] How can I add a note to a TODO state change sometimes but not always?,
William Denton <=