Re: [O] Help on org-export-filter-link-functions

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Help on org-export-filter-link-functions
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 00:24:48 +0200

Hi John,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> hmmm... the sometimes makes me nervous. I found even for links, this
> only works sometimes. That doesn't seem reliable to me.

With headlines the case where it does not work is for verb-only
headings.  I guess that could occur more frequently with links, though
I have never done anything serious with links. q

> I think extending existing backends
> (e.g. http://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-configuration.html) is probably
> more reliable for getting element properties, and approximately the same
> amount of work.

In practice derived classes could be a lot of work.

There is also two hooks that run before processing, but you'd need to
be able to solve the issue with org syntax.  In practice this is not a
limitation as you can use snippets for whatever backend.

> I guess it just depends on how significantly you are modifying the
> export, and what information you need to modify it. Filters are great
> for simple wrapping and regexp based modifications. A derived backend is
> better if you need reliable element properties, and a different format
> than the default export.

Yeah.

–Rasmus

--
I almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day