Re: [O] export to odt: error in style.xml

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] export to odt: error in style.xml
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 02:02:54 +0200

Hi Achim,

Thanks for your helpful message.

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus writes:
>> In the future you should sent minimal examples.  In this case it did
>> not matter and the mentioned commit was indeed to blame.  It should be
>> fixed in master @ 004332b.
>
> Could you please rebase or cherry-pick your changes onto the
> then-current master before committing them?

Yes, I am very happy to!

However, can you please elaborate on what exactly I did wrong?  I have
checked for the following to understand your criticism:

  1. When I do $ git diff 004332b^ 00433b I get a one line diff (except
     the context).  There are no change of white space or other garbage.
     Why is this not cherry-picked?
  2. I know I git pull --rebase'ed before I submitted.  I believe the
     patch was only submitted to master, since it shows up on git log
     when I'm on the master branch but not on the maint branch.  This is
     true for my local checkout and for cgit online.
     Why is this not against the current master?
  3. There is no nasty "Merge branch..." so, again, why is it not
     cherry picked?

I'm not claiming to be an expert of anything, least of all of
anything–software, so please be explicit so I can learn to commit
better.

> Also, you might want to decide on a single mail address for these
> committs.

In principal it is true.  However, is it a real issue¹ in practice?
Rest assured it is always a real email address checked frequently.  It
happens because I use several computers and I sometimes forget to
correct .git/config.  If it *is* a real issue, I could change my
global git config, though it is configured the way it is for a reason.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Footnotes:

¹ It pains me every time I use my private email for public mailing
list, but I doubt you had my privacy in mind?

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put