Re: [O] No mention of ":results graphics" in docs on code blocks

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] No mention of ":results graphics" in docs on code blocks
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 00:00:23 -0500

I said the same in 2012:
- http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57643

> This worg documentation about source code blocks and R does mention it:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

This was the reply then, too. Basically, the org header arguments manual page mentions that language-specific arguments are on the appropriate page in worg babel. If you click that link, then the link to the lust of supported languages, that gets you to a table and to ob-doc-R.

Maybe not ideal, but I think the intent is not to clutter the manual with every  specific arg possible. Sorry it was confusing.

> "If the value is :results graphics then 'base' graphics output is captured on disk, and a link to the graphics file is inserted into the Org Mode buffer (as is also the case with the graphics-only languages such as gnuplot, ditaa, dot, and asymptote.)"
> (It goes on to say ":results output graphics" is necessary with ggplot2 images, but that's no longer true.)
> I'm afraid I don't know enough about this header argument or its use elsewhere to offer a documentation patch, so I'm just pointing it out.

For changes, there's good info on worg about editing and pushing to worg, which is on git. The manual requires patching, but that's documented as well.
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Hope that helps,