Re: [O] Sagemath with org-babel?

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] Sagemath with org-babel?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 14:26:07 -0800

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:

> I have done this in the past, I don't have the files anymore. However, as
> Tom says it is very easy to modify the templates to make org work with
> sage. I remember I only needed some search and replace to make it work.
>
> Also, you may want to have a look at sage-mode first if you haven't
> already.
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/sage-mode
>
> With sage mode installed its is a simple matter to make "C-c '" edit the
> source code in sage-mode.

I have tried "C-c '", but it did not work.

My attempt:

As suggested at https://bitbucket.org/gvol/sage-mode/src, I try

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
sudo sage -f sage_mode
#+END_SRC

After running this, the end of message includes the suggestion to add

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'load-path
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/sage-mode")
(require 'sage "sage")
(setq sage-command "/usr/lib/sagemath/sage")
#+END_SRC

But if I try =C-c '= in a block like

#+BEGIN_SRC sage
f(x) = x^2
integrate(f(x), 1, 3).n()
#+END_SRC

I get

,----
| org-edit-src-code: No such language mode: sage-mode
`----

Also, I cannot publish to html in this way.

_I tried copying ob-python.el to a file ob-sage.el and replacing all instances
of "python" and "py" with "sage"._

I also tried

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("sage" . sage))
(org-babel-do-load-languages 'org-babel-load-languages
                             '((sage . t)
                               (emacs-lisp . t)
                               (latex . t)
                               (sh . t)))
#+END_SRC

But it still tells me "No such language mode: sage-mode".

Thoughts?

--
Brady