Re: [O] Apply a patch with a single key press from Gnus

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Apply a patch with a single key press from Gnus
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:28:29 -0800

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

Hello,

I've seen some code to apply Git patches from Gnus [1].

That code should be updated to work for Org-mode, not to say for the
correct paths to my local repo.

Has someone done this already, or are you aware of a standard approach
in Gnus to apply a patch directly from the *Article* buffer?

Did you try navigating to the patch, then typing

   RET C-s diff RET M-x diff-apply-hunk RET

or `diff-ediff-patch'?

On my setup, it prompts for the file, just as it would if I had downloaded the patch, opened it in diff-mode, and issued those commands.

HTH,

Chuck