Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:56:41 +0100

Hello,

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> However,  I agree that the distinction between parenthetical and footnotes
> citations is unhelpful for me.  Whenever I switch between Chicago and APA,
> for instance,  zotero converts my footnotes to parenthetical expressions.
> To me this seems an essential feature.

There is no distinction between parenthetical and footnotes citations in
the syntax. Richard showed that citations can be included in footnote
definitions, but that's about it.

AFAICT, nothing prevents you from writing

  A citation[cite ... @key ...]{latex :type footnotecite} within
  a paragraph.

and let "ox-latex" turn it into a footnote citation for you.

Nicolas Goaziou