[O] Parent path for links

From: Giacomo M
Subject: [O] Parent path for links
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:55:13 -0800

Dear all,
I'm experimenting the following path structure:

1. ~/org/ is where I keep all my org files for organization purposes (e.g. project.org contains all TODOs, notes, events, and links related to "project") and is sync'd with a GIT server.

2. ~/working/project/ is where I keep all the non-organizational files related to "project", which are potentially big and thus the folder is saved on an external drive/Dropbox.

What happens is that in project.org I end up specifying a lot of links all starting with ~/working/project/. This is useful as I can directly jump from "organization" to "action", or just to switch in a quicker way across project files.

I know there is an header arg (i.e. dir) for the path of code execution, but I am not aware of anything similar for link referencing.

Would you have any suggestions for reducing the redundancy of a common parent path for links in a subtree/file?

Thanks,

Giacomo