Re: [O] bug#19887: 24.4; Cannot kill buffer; Wrong type argument: overla

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: [O] bug#19887: 24.4; Cannot kill buffer; Wrong type argument: overlayp, nil
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:52:18 +1100

On 2015-02-20T18:32:12+1100, Damian Nadales said:

DN> That's weird. Which buffer are you killing, the DN> Org buffer, or the new buffer that is created when pressing C-c ' DN> inside the source block? Is the latter the one I cannot kill.

DN> I've only installed packages through the emacs DN> package manager, and Org mode was not one of them. The command DN> ``org-version`` reports:

DN> Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ DN> /home/dnadales/opt/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org/)

Having thought about it a bit, i seem to remember that a while back, i had the same issue as the one you're currently experiencing. (Even though, as i noted above, i can't reproduce it my current setup, a manually compiled 24.4.1 on Debian Wheezy(+updates) x86_64.) Unfortunately, i can't remember what made the problem go away; the only two things that come to mind are:

* installing and using Org from the orgmode.org ELPA, i.e.

(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/";) t)
or

* removing existing Org-related byte-compiled files (i.e. *.elc files), so that they got regenerated.

Alexis.