Re: [O] hiding the PROPERTIES drawer

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] hiding the PROPERTIES drawer
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:18:32 -0700

Hi Randomcoder,

Randomcoder <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there an easier solution to hiding the :PROPERTIES: drawer by default ?

I'm not sure that a solution is needed.  In my setup (Org master branch,
Emacs 23), the PROPERTIES drawer is always folded by default.  I've
never done anything to make this happen; as far as I know, it's the
default behavior in Org.

So: is there something in your setup that's causing the drawer NOT to be
folded?  (Try loading Org in emacs -Q, then see if property drawers are
folded by default or not.)

If you need help finding out what's responsible, send us more specific
information about your Org version and configuration.

> (I need the ID to be there, but I don't want to see it, and so I would
> prefer the drawer to be hidden/folded)

Do you need the drawer to be hidden, or is having it folded enough?

Best,
Richard