Re: [O] Latex export or Latex tangle? Best practice?

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Latex export or Latex tangle? Best practice?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:06:18 -0700

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

In a previous post I was getting at the issue of whether I should just do
regular export or use latex "code blocks" for what I wanted in a final
document. What I want is the ability to create a big, rambling, annotated
org file -- with "keeper" stuff inside the latex babel blocks -- then
tangle the .org file, thereby leaving all the annotations and lead-up notes
behind. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting "notes" to evolve into a
"finished product" and orgmode would seem to offer a good path. So, I don't
want to have to hand-edit out my so-called annotations. Is keeping the good
stuff in latex babel blocks a best practice?

LB

I sometimes use noweb references for the purpose of having either a concise code block to tangle or a document for export that draws on code blocks elsewhere in the document.

From what I see higher in this thread, I recommend that you export a
subtree that includes src blocks with noweb refs. Whatever latex boilerplate you need can be :EXPORT_*: properties. see

        (info "(org) Noweb reference syntax")

and the paragraphs at the end of

        (info "(org) Export settings")

HTH,