Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:02:12 +0200

> Which one are you talking about, the one from ELPA or the one I suggest
> adding to core?
>
> The former doesn't translate to Markdown at all. It simply calls pandoc
> on an Org document to produce something else. It depends on how well
> pandoc's Org importer behaves, i.e, how much Org syntax it does support.

Why do we need a pandoc exporter?  And why do we need it in core?

There's already quite a few backends to work on when we want to improve
the general exporter framework.  By all means, I'm not against a pandoc
exporter, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning.

Note: my distro doesn't have a binary pandoc package so I have never tried
it.

Rasmus

--
Evidence suggests Snowden used a powerful tool called monospaced fonts