Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:22:29 +0200

Hello Daniele,

On 2015-07-23 16:47, Daniele Pizzolli <address@hidden> writes:

> if you use firefox, see:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/org-mode-capture/
>
> The latest version convert html links to org-links (disclaimer: it is my
> little contribution).

This is great! If I may suggest an addition to it: being able to specify
how one calls emacs. Indeed, my emacsclient is a symbolic link to the
real one, which may change as I update it, but the preference interface
of the addon only gives me the target of the symbolic link.

I have also a small issue with org-protocol: it creates a new frame
(which is great) but does not raise it, and it displays two windows: the
capture one and an unrelated one. I have some code to avoid this when
I call org-capture from my system:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun make-orgcapture-frame ()
  "Create a new frame and run org-capture."
  (interactive)
  (make-frame '((name . "remember") (width . 80) (height . 16)
                (top . 400) (left . 300)
                (font .
"-*-Consolas-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1")
                ))
  (select-frame-by-name "remember")
  (delete-other-windows)
  (flet ((switch-to-buffer-other-window (buf) (switch-to-buffer buf)))
    (org-capture nil "c")))
#+end_src

but I don’t know how to integrate this with org-protocol. Is there a way
to change its call to org-capture without having to rewrite the
`org-protocol-do-capture' function?

Thanks!

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Last week athmospheric CO₂ average (Updated July 19, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.):