Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom hig

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom highlight markers error
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:44:10 +0200

Xiha <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) I would like the exported document to have a subtitle under the
> title in a smaller and/or lighter font. The latter requirement makes
> splitting the title with a newline not quite a solution. I believe I
> saw discussion somewhere about a #+SUBTITLE keyword for LaTeX or HTML
> export (as opposed to Texinfo which the manual says is supported?) But
> that seemed to be a feature-in-progress? What is the status of this?
> Is there an alternative I can use for now?

The git version has a #+subtitle keyword.  See the git version of the
manual for supported backends (most).

> 2) I have #+OPTIONS: H:9 num:9 because explicit level structure is
> important for this document. I would like to have more control over
> how this is exported, e.g. by setting heading font size as well as
> left-margin widths per level, for a staircase-like effect similar to
> that obtained with org-indent-mode in Org itself. (How) can this be
> done?

Depends on the backend.  With latex you could use setkomafont (of
KOMA-Script) and with html you could use css.

> 3) I forget through which command/menu, but I set custom markers that
> 'highlight' the words they surround, within Org itself. I'm using the
> 'leuven' theme which makes them stand out with a yellow background -
> useful for passages that need work etc. But now when I try to export
> to HTML or PDF, it fails with "Unknown marker at 10497". Is there a
> way to get the highlighting in the exported document? Alternatively,
> can I tell the exporter to ignore the custom markers, i.e. treat them
> as regular characters?

No idea about this.  It could be a bug anywhere.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Sådan en god dansk lagereddike kan man slet ikke bruge mere