[O] hook on link creation

From: Stephen J. Barr
Subject: [O] hook on link creation
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 17:10:01 -0700

Greetings,

I have been thinking about a project I would like to do to add some custom semantic markup to an org-mode. I think that links may be the best way to do this. Looking at this page:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-hyperlink-types.html

I am wondering if there is a way to have a hook that gets called on link creation. E.g., if I type stevejb:my_word. I would like to immediately have "stevejb:my_word" sent on dbus or something like that.

Is there existing infrastructure for this? Is this the right approach?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen J. Barr
PhD Student, Operations Management
Dept: Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM)
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Phone:  425 516 5012
Twitter: @stevejb