Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:37:27 +0000

On 8/19/15, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Prateek Mehta <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That probably makes sense, though I still feel it is a little
>> inconsistent.
>> One could argue that anything within colons is an org tag (regardless of
>> whether the title is empty), and isn't meant to be exported. It's
>> probably
>> rare to start a headline with a colon anyway.
>>
>> Plus, I guess you are still somewhat restricted if you want to export a
>> headline ** foo :bar:, where :bar: is not a tag. ;)
>
> Of course, there are limitations (and workarounds) in each case.
>
> This is why I suggest to stay away from the "empty headlines + tags".
> The only empty headline supported in Org is the one without anything.

Could you explain your reasoning for this in some more detail? I use
empty headlines + tags (properties, actually) in my "set properties in
headlines rather than special drawers" code, and I wouldn't want it to
break even more than it currently is because of this limitation.

As you say, there are limitations in both cases, but do you actually
see headlines beginning with a colon being useful anywhere? I don't,
but empty headlines are useful for setting tags (or, in my case,
properties) without making up a title, so in my humble opinion it's a
clear-cut case to support empty headlines + tags.