[O] Org to LaTeX export of tables

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: [O] Org to LaTeX export of tables
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 05:06:15 +0530

Please see the sample org table below, and the way it is exported in LaTeX.

I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results in some
extra space between the table and the notes.

How can I get rid of it?

My org version: Org-mode version 8.3 (release_8.3-3-gb5f5d6)

Vikas

#+NAME: table-name
#+CAPTION: Caption of table
#+begin_table
#+begin_threeparttable
#+attr_latex: :environment tabulary :width \textwidth :align LRR
| Col1 | col2 | col3 |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
#+begin_tablenotes
\item[] \footnotesize /Notes/:

\item[] \footnotesize Note 1 says something

\item[] \footnotesize Note one says something else

\item[] \footnotesize /Source/: Imagined by somebody
#+end_tablenotes
#+end_threeparttable
#+end_table

The LaTeX export:

\begin{table}
\caption{\label{orgspecialblock1}
Caption of table}
\begin{threeparttable}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabulary}{\textwidth}{LRR}
Col1 & col2 & col3\\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
\end{tabulary}
\end{center}
\begin{tablenotes}
\item[] \footnotesize \emph{Notes}:

\item[] \footnotesize Note 1 says something

\item[] \footnotesize Note one says something else

\item[] \footnotesize \emph{Source}: Imagined by somebody
\end{tablenotes}
\end{threeparttable}
\end{table}