Re: [O] Bug report: org-get-property-block returns nil if the entry does

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: [O] Bug report: org-get-property-block returns nil if the entry does not start with the property drawer
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 20:59:09 -0300

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Josiah Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is the first item in the 8.3 series changelog.  There is a provided
> script to repair things.

Now I see that this new requirement is documented in Info manual
subsection 7.1 Property syntax.  I had only checked subsection 2.8
Drawers.

I didn't see the changelog because I updated through Emacs' package
menu, and I intended to update frequently (including between formal
releases), so I wouldn't check the changelog.  I now realize that
skipping the changelog is barely acceptable when you just want to use
the software, but is unacceptable when you want to report regressions.

Still, Org itself should interactively mention this change (pointing
either to manual subsection 7.1 or to orgmode.org/Changes.html)
instead of just cryptically saying "malformed drawer found".  This
slight increase in verbosity would help users like me and I don't see
any significant downside.

And please forgive any English mistake, I am Brazilian.