Re: [O] Inline Images Export Bug

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Inline Images Export Bug
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:35:52 -0400

[OT and unrelated but it struck me, so I thought I'd share:
if you visit http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.emacs
you will see (well, you are probably going to see something larger
than this when you visit):

100093  gmane.emacs.orgmode     Org-Mode for GNU Emacs

That's the fourth largest number of messages among emacs-related lists,
after emacs.devel, emacs.diffs and emacs.help and is somewhat bigger
than emacs.bugs.]

Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:

> When did Org start using the <object> tag for inline image HTML
> export? This is a horrible bug.

I believe I was the instigator for this change: see the thread at

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/80668

I had my own "horrible" bug that I was trying to work around and the
research I did at the time pointed towards <object> as the right way to
go, but I was (and still am) no expert on the subject. Rick Frankel
pushed a change to that effect in

commit e955be903a5cf29f173972ab18f851f8553ddd89
Author: Rick Frankel <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Jan 16 11:08:06 2014 -0500

    Add better svg support to html exporter.

    * lisp/ox-html.el (org-html--format-image): If image is an svg file,
      format as "object" using new function `org-html--svg-image' instead
      of "img".

--
Nick