Re: [O] students, classes, assignments...

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] students, classes, assignments...
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 06:13:00 -0400

It depends a lot on what you want to be able to do. Do you need reports
of what is completed? aggregated grades, etc...

Here is what I do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRUCiF2MwP4

Here is a talk I gave last year on using it.

address@hidden writes:

> Hey guys,
> What's an efficient way to keep track of students, classes, and assignments?
> I'm using org now, but I don't want to admit how badly I'm abusing it to make
> my *cough* system work.
> How about something like this: a file per student with Classwork, Homework,
> and Assessment headings, maybe checkboxes to indicate completion; A date-tree
> in a file with the Homework and due dates--something along those lines.
> Any ideas would be appreciated. I know a bunch of you are teachers...

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University