Re: [O] promote/demote indentation behaviour

From: lipidic man
Subject: Re: [O] promote/demote indentation behaviour
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:05:17 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks.

That works.  It stops unindented paragraphs from being moved.  However under 8.2.10 the behaviour was to move indented text, but leave unindented text alone.  Any ideas on how to achieve this?

On Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 16:43, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

lipidic man <address@hidden> writes:

> I have updated from org-mode 8.2.10 to 8.3.1 and the behaviour of
>
> (org-do-promote), (org-do-demote), (org-promote-subtree), (org-demote-subtree)
>
> has changed.  It now indents an unindented paragraph when demoting the headline.
> e.g.
> ** subsection
> There is a pre-defined list of commands, and you can add more such
> commands using the variable org-speed-commands-user
>
> This did not occur before and does not seem like desired behaviour.

According to `org-adapt-indentation' it is the desired behaviour. You
may want to set this variable to nil instead.

Nicolas Goaziou