Re: [O] Using the file as 1st level headline

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Using the file as 1st level headline
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:42:45 +0100

On Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 18:49, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to have a file header which is counted as a first level
> headline?

I am not sure how this relates to the rest of your email.  Can you
please expand on this?

[...]

> Now, I'm using org to write scientific books and articles. Therefore,
> I want to use 1st level headlines as section titles for LaTeX export.
> Of course, not every section is an individual project---the article in
> total is the project and its doable steps are defined by inline tasks.
> So, what I want to do is something like this:

Have you actually tried what you wrote?  What happens?

This approach is basically what I use: inline tasks for the TODO
elements but the rest of the structure is the paper with top level
headings as sections etc.  However, I note that my approach is different
in that I don't hide the inline tasks when generating the article.  I
actually export my inline tasks using the following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun org-latex-format-inlinetask (todo type priority name tags contents
info)
    "Format an inline task element for LaTeX export."
    (let ((theinlinetask (concat todo " " name ": " contents)))
      (format "\\footnote{%s}\\marginpar{\\fbox{\\tiny\\thefootnote. %s}}"
theinlinetask todo)))
  (setq org-latex-format-inlinetask-function 'org-latex-format-inlinetask)
#+end_src

Is the issue, in your case, that the noexport tag on the inlinetasks is
ignored?  If so, you could simply define the org-latex-format-inlinetask
function I have above to do nothing?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-234-g8c85c9