Re: [O] Some projects

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Some projects
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 15:45:01 +0000

On Sunday, 25 Oct 2015 at 14:08, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to see some features moving forward, and some important issues
> fixed, hopefully, in the next months. I'm sharing them here so that
> anyone interested can help.

Nicolas,

I look forward to all the advances you have proposed... except for this one:

> ** Backslash escaping
>
> Allowing to escape some symbols in plain text (e.g., emphasis markers,
> square brackets...) would remove a limitation in verbatim/code objects.
> As a small benefit, it would also permit to implement mid-word markup:
> b*o*ld.

I'm concerned that it will make typing normal text more onerous.  Right
now, org is quite non-intrusive in most of my writing yet is quite rich
in what it can encode.  Having to backslash symbols that I use in text
quite often (especially square brackets) would be annoying.  Maybe I
misunderstood; if so, I apologise for the noise!

Regarding citations, I have not played with the -wip branch at
all.  Maybe I should.  It just wasn't clear where that branch had got to
and whether it was at a point worth trying.  Can you (or somebody else)
update us with a summary of what is possible?  I'm always in the process
of writing papers so I may be happy to be a guinea pig.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-209-gba4d33