Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 14:46:31 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Actually there has been introduced a constraint on the ordering planning
>>> lines and property drawers in 8.3. See http://orgmode.org/Changes.html.>
>>> This at least invalidates to use PROPERTIES before SCHEDULED afaics.
>
>> Yes, that is correct and you can use the `org-repair-property-drawers`
>> utility function provided to fix your org trees.
>
> I would very much like to see this constraint removed from 8.3. I have always
> preferred having SCHEDULED before PROPERTIES, as this is how all my Org files
> are arranged.

Actually what you describe _is_ the expected order for the 8.3 files.

> In fact, this one aspect of 8.3 has kept me at 8.2. I do not understand the
> need for such an abitrary restriction.

So this constraint on the order should not hold you back to move on to
8.3.

I can report that in my personal org practice this constraint never got
in my way.  Further I can't imagine a use case when the user can benefit
of a SCHEDULE line below a property drawer, but this might be a bit
personal.

I can say nothing about the technical view of having that constraint.

Best regards,
--
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2