[O] Remaining time in effort estimates

From: Michael Gummelt
Subject: [O] Remaining time in effort estimates
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:48:47 -0800

Hi,

I set effort estimates on a list of subtasks.  I can sum those estimates as described here: http://orgmode.org/manual/Effort-estimates.html

What I'd like to do is see the remaining effort estimate time in the supertask.  For example, if I have a supertask with 10 subtasks, and I mark 3 of them complete, I'd like to see the sum of the 7 incomplete tasks.  The link above shows how you can view a CLOCKSUM, but that is a different value.

Knowing how long is remaining on a supertask seems to be a fundamental feature for project management.  Is there any solution in org mode?

Thanks,
Michael Gummelt