[O] Renaming of +NAME for code blocks to in HTML export, no longer user

From: Adam Aviv
Subject: [O] Renaming of +NAME for code blocks to in HTML export, no longer user defined
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 13:04:08 -0500

Hi all,

I've been using org-mode for some time to manage a course website, and I developed a hack for source blocking where if I use the +NAME tag for source doe like so:

#+NAME: helloworld.cpp
#+BEGIN_SRC c++ -r
#include <iostream> (ref:include)

using namespace std; (ref:namespace)

// Hello World in C++
int main(int argc, char * argv[]){
  cout << "Hello World" << endl; (ref:speak)
}
#+END_SRC

Then I could retrieve the name tag in the HTML source via the id when exported, like so:

<pre class="src src-c++" id="helloworld.cpp">

I can then use the id tag and CSS to have it float next to the code like this:

Inline image 1

However, since I updated org-mode recently to version 8.3.2, the +NAME tagging is no longer user defined. Instead, it get's a generic, org defined name, such as orgsrcblock1. This means my little hack no longer works and I get something that looks like this in the HTML exporting:

<pre class="src src-c++" id="orgsrcblock1">

I have two questions for the group:

1) Is there a way to overwrite the generic source block naming? Or turn off this feature somewhere? I can't seem to figure that out for myself.

2) Is there another hack that someone can suggest? For example, is there a way to have a user defined <div> tag around the src code that will get exported?

Thanks!

adam

--
Adam J. Aviv, PhD