Re: [O] Bug: Spurious entries in agenda if tasks have a deadline [8.3.3

From: Neilen Marais
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Spurious entries in agenda if tasks have a deadline [8.3.3 (8.3.3-2-g6bc48c-elpa <at> /home/nmarais/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160111/)]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:15:08 +0000 (UTC)

Charles Millar <millarc <at> verizon.net> writes:

Charles,

> Hi Neilen,
>
> On 01/15/2016 06:14 AM, Neilen Marais wrote:
> > I tested this with both the packaged org-mode that came with my ubuntu
> > 15.04 emacs24 install and with the latest org version on elpa.
> >
> > Tasks with deadlines in the future spuriously show up under today's
> > schedule. E.g. Today is 2016-01-15 and I have a task with a deadline set
> > as 2016-01-19:
> >
> > ** TODO Prepare Goals of Internship talk
> >     DEADLINE: <2016-01-19 Tue>
> >
> > If I do an org-agenda week display (M-x orga-agenda a), I see a spurious
> > entry for that task:

> > Friday     15 January 2016
> >    SKA-indo-SA:In   4 d.:  TODO Prepare Goals of Internship talk

> I am not a programmer, coder, whatever, but you have
> org-deadline-warning-days set to two different values. Is this the problem?
>
> current state:
> ==============
>
> snip
>
> (org-deadline-warning-days 1)))
>                  (agenda ""
>                   ((org-agenda-time-grid nil)
> (org-deadline-warning-days 365) (org-agenda-entry-types (quote
> (:deadline))) (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote scheduled))

Thanks for taking a look. I removed the redundant org-deadline-warning-days
definition, but it does not seem to change anything. The relevant bit of
config is now:

 org-agenda-custom-commands '(("c" "Context Next Tasks" tags-todo
                               (concat "SCHEDULED=\"\"+{"
                                (mapconcat (quote car) my-org-context-tag-alist
"\\|")
                                "}|SCHEDULED<=\"<today>\"+{"
                                (mapconcat (quote car) my-org-context-tag-alist
"\\|") "}/NEXT")
                               ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tag-up)))
                                (org-agenda-overriding-header "Context Next
Tasks"))
                               )
                              ("s" "Startup View"
                               ((agenda ""
                                 ((org-agenda-time-grid nil)
(org-deadline-warning-days 365)
                                  (org-agenda-entry-types (quote (:deadline)))
                                  (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote scheduled))
(org-agenda-ndays 1)
                                  (org-agenda-overriding-header "Unscheduled
upcoming deadlines:"))
                                 )
                                (todo ""
                                 (quote
                                  (org-agenda-overriding-header "Unscheduled No
Deadline TODO:"))
                                 )
                                )
                               )
                              ("o" "Context Next or Todo Tasks" tags-todo
                               (mapconcat (quote car) my-org-context-tag-alist
"|")
                               ((org-agenda-skip-function
                                 (quote (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote todo)
(quote ("DONE")))))
                                (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (tag-up)))
                                (org-agenda-overriding-header "Context Next or
Todo Tasks"))
                               )
                              ("w" todo "WAITING"))

Cheers