[O] Problem with org-babel-detangle

From: Titus von der Malsburg
Subject: [O] Problem with org-babel-detangle
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:34:57 -0800

I tangeled the following org-mode file:

  #+BEGIN_SRC R :tangle /tmp/test.R :comments link
  1 + 2
  #+END_SRC

  #+BEGIN_SRC R :tangle /tmp/test.R :comments link
  3 + 4
  #+END_SRC

The result was:

  ## [[file:test.org][No\ heading:1]]
  1 + 2
  ## No\ heading:1 ends here

  ## [[file:test.org][No\ heading:2]]
  3 + 4
  ## No\ heading:2 ends here

Then I changes “3 + 4” to “3 + 5”, revisited the org buffer, and
executed `org-babel-detangle'.

Expected behavior: The second code block in org file is updated to contain
“3 + 5”.

Actual behaviour: I find myself in a buffer containing test.R, the
cursor is inside the first code block at “1”, the second code block’s
content in the org buffer is highlighted, and I have an edit buffer for
that code block.  The content of the second code block is not updated.

No error message.

Tested with a current development Emacs and the development version of
org-mode.

I think the culprit is `org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org'.  When I call it
in test.R, it does not jump to the org file as it should according to
the documentation.

When I call it with point on the first code block, it opens an edit
buffer for the second code block in the background.

When I call it with point on the second code block, it opens test.org in
the background but doesn’t do anything else.

  Titus