Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 15:18:57 +0100

On Mon, 01-02-2016, at 14:20, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:

(I remove lots of stuff from previous thread)

>> The calendar name is set to "org-calendar" (I think that is the
>> default, since I do not recall ever having changed/set it).
>
> Mine is "Org". But in my calendar app, there is no "Org" calendar,
> just three others.

No idea why that happens.

>> I see there six entries (one for my gmail user, one for "PC Sync" that I
>> have no idea what it is, then "org-calendar", a fourth called "Cumpleaños"
>> [birthdays] and then "Holidays in Spain" and a sixth one which seems to be
>> the same but in Spanish).
>
> I do have three entries, non of them named "Org".
>
> Whenever I choose an existing calendar within MobileOrg preferences,
> it stays at the non-existing "Org" calendar. I guess this is the
> reason why there is no data sync to my calendar.

No idea what is happening there.

>>> Maybe it has something to do with my disabled sync settings: I don't
>>> sync to the Google cloud.
>>
>> Aha, I think this is probably needed. I think I only get entries updated if
>> I enable syncing of the calendar (but you can decide what you sync with
>> google --- no need to sync everything, from email to contacts to ....).
>
> OK, then MobileOrg -> Calendar feature is of no use to me since I
> avoid the Google cloud.
>
> That's really weird since this feature is especially useful to
> people not having Google Cloud sync activated.
>
>>> I gave up and use MobileOrg mainly for capturing and (seldom)
>>> browsing my Org files for information.
>
> OK, at least I got a confirmation that MobileOrg needs this cloud
> sync stuff. How unfortunate.

I am not 100% sure if syncing the calendar with google is _required_. I'll
try playing with it ASAP and report back.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25

Phone: +34-91-497-2412