Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:46:32 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday, 28 Feb 2016 at 12:32, Rasmus wrote:
>> Emacs should pick the right font.  Most likely, you need to install
>> Symbola,
>
> Indeed!  Thanks for the pointer.  Installing symbola did the job in
> terms of being able to see those symbols.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot get org to prettify scheduled and deadline
> entries without causing org to have problems fontifying the rest of the
> file.  But I'm not sure why that is happening so will post later when/if
> I narrow this down.

Did you try prettify-symbol-mode?  In at least the master version of Emacs
you should be able to use prettify-symbols-alist.  Though org will do some
fortification already, which might cause the error you are seeing.

>> The only fonts I’ve got configured are Fira as the main font, DejaVu as
>> fallback and XITS for math.
>
> I know this is OT for this list but can you show me how you configure
> fallback fonts?

Fallback might be too strong, but you could use the prepend argument to
set-fontset-font.  Here’s what I used to use.  In Emacs-25 it seems I
don’t really mess with this anymore, though.

(mapc (lambda (x)
          (set-fontset-font x 'mathematical
                            (font-spec :family "XITS Math") nil 'append)
          (set-fontset-font x 'symbol
                            (font-spec :family "DejaVu Sans Mono") nil 'prepend)
          (set-fontset-font x 'greek
                            (font-spec :family "Fira Mono") nil 'prepend)
          (set-fontset-font x '(#x1f601 . #x1f567) "Symbola"))
        '("fontset-startup" "fontset-default"))

Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone