Re: [O] scheme SRC blocks

From: Bernhard Pröll
Subject: Re: [O] scheme SRC blocks
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:56:45 +0100

On Mon, 21. Mar 08:22, Robert Klein wrote:
Hi,
Arun Isaac <address@hidden> wrote:

I have an org file with scheme SRC blocks like so.

#+BEGIN_SRC scheme
  (some-code-here)
#+END_SRC

Every time, I open the org file, I get prompted for the "Scheme
implementation" and I need to choose an implementation (guile, in my
case) before continuing. Similarly, I am also prompted for the same
when publishing the org file, or opening up the SRC block using
org-edit-special (C-c ') for editing. This happens because of the
behaviour of the command "scheme-mode" which prompts for the required
scheme implementation.

Manually choosing the scheme implementation every time is tedious and
annoying. Is there some way to circumvent this issue?

In addition to requiring 'geiser-install you have to set the
geiser-active-implementations variable, e.g.:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (require 'geiser-install)
 (setq geiser-active-implementations '(guile))
#+end_src

See also http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_3.html#choosing_002dimpl
in the Geiser manual.

Best regards
Robert

Hi,

alternatively there is a :scheme header argument for src blocks:

#begin_src scheme :scheme guile

Regards
Bernhard