[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [O] org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize can't find back-end

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize can't find back-end
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 08:41:24 -0400

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:
>> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Hi Peter,
>>> Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:
>>>> I used to be able to use org-buffer-org-mime-htmlize to send my org
>>>> documents as multipart/alternative html & text email. For some
>>>> reason, this is stopped working, and now displays
>>>> Unknown "nil" back-end: Aborting export
>>>> In the *Messages* buffer, I see
>>>> org-export-barf-if-invalid-backend: Unknown "nil" back-end: Aborting export
>>>> So how is the back-end supposed to be defined? (And why might it have
>>>> broken?) I haven't not made any related changes in a *long*
>>>> time.
>>> Could you provide a reproducible example starting with emacs -q?
>>> I can't reproduce it here by
>>> 1. starting from emacs -q with latest org from master
>>> 2. creating an org buffer with the content:
>>>    - 1
>>>    - 2
>>> 3. calling org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize on this buffer.
>> Thank you, Rasmus, but ...
>> If I start emacs with -q, it doesn't know about org. It can't set org-mode, 
>> or run org-mime commands. Is there a way to load this
>> manually?
>> Also, can "the latest org from master" be gotten through package manager?
> Hmmm. It seems I had this same problem last October, and manually loading 
> ox-org solved it, as it does now. That was suggested by
> Aaron Ecay.
> Then, as suggested by Nicolas, I added (require 'ox-org) to my .emacs. I 
> guess that worked for the time being. I haven't changed
> much in my startup file since then, and almost everything following that is 
> commented out. I did, however, try to add startup
> commands for hyperbole, but I never got that working. Perhaps that broke 
> things somehow.

Actually, after re-reading the old exchange more carefully, it seems that I 
already had (require 'ox-org) in my startup file, but
still got the error. However, manually loading the ox-org library avoided the 

So it seems that:

 1) the cause of the problem was never identified,
 2) manually loading ox-org avoids the problem, and,
 3) I guess I just haven't been using org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize on this 
machine for a while, so I forgot about it.

Interestingly, this all works with no problems on my other MacBook.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]