Re: [O] keybinding for inserting simple item, simple plain list

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] keybinding for inserting simple item, simple plain list
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 08:12:12 +0000

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > I've never felt the need: once I'm in a list, I use M-<RET> to add
   > another item, but I always start the list with a dash and a space, typed
   > explicitly: nothing to go wrong, nothing to remember. BTW, that last
   > point is getting more important as I get older...

Very strange for me it is the other way around.

    - First of all I write far more lists than headings (for example in
      this email).
    - then I have no real need for entering a heading via M-<RET>
      because I simple hit return and then «*» (which makes 2 key
      strokes), however to start a with a list, I would need 3 keystrokes.
      Return, some indent command or space, and then «*».

Anyhow I ended up binding my private function to M-<RET> and M-<RET> to
super RET, etc.

Uwe Brauer