Re: [O] State of things: Email with orgmode?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: [O] State of things: Email with orgmode?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:19:46 -0600

Gnorb looks really interesting, but is lacking a crucial "using it" section on the github [1], so I don't know what it can actually do or what a use-case would be. Does it do what org-mime does?
Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

address@hidden (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

For ages I've been hearing about people doing or wanting email with orgmode. I've been using gnus for years, but am curious as to what is
possible with orgmode. My search engines aren't revealing any
explanations, but orgmode navigation combined with the composition possiblities with things like html export and integration with orgmode power seems like nice potential. Orgmode already has a very useful facility with taking links to Gnus messages, and the highly useful org contacts; what else is out there? Is there a way to write and send emails from orgmode, without just doing copy/paste/attach?

I've got a package in Elpa called Gnorb, that provides some integration
between Org and Gnus. It also includes a function
`gnorb-org-email-subtree' that lets you export a subtree as a text or
file, and send it as an email. That might also be useful.

Footnotes: [1] https://github.com/girzel/gnorb

--
Tory S. Anderson
Computational Cognitive Narratologist & Application Developer