Re: [O] [BUG] Noweb reference eval syntax does not work

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Noweb reference eval syntax does not work
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 16:19:04 -0700

On Wed, 11 May 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

The motivation for noweb-ref is discussed in this thread from about 5
years ago:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42636/focus=42639

FWIW, I haven't used noweb-ref.

Thank you for the pointers. It seems that :noweb-ref is here for
a task, that NAME alone cannot fulfill. I guess we have to keep it,
then.

Although I understand that <<noweb-refs>> can refer to a concatenation
of source block contents, I cannot find any meaning in <<noweb-refs()>>,
which would be the result of evaluation of a block that doesn't exist.

Maybe we should simply error out on this one.

WDYT?

Error out sounds good.

If one wants to do this

#+name: lotsa-blocks
#+begin_src my-lang :noweb yes :var a="this"
  <<noweb-refs>>
#+end_src

#+begin_src my-lang :noweb yes
<<lotsa-blocks(a="that")>>