Re: [O] How to contribute?

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [O] How to contribute?
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 15:24:53 +0200

Hi Alex,

address@hidden writes:

> I'm also thinking of contributing to orgmode, so my question is - is
> there any publicly available contributing guide, being SPOT for
> newcomers?

We have this page: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

In general, clone the org-mode repository like this:
~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

edit, commit on your branch, create patches with format-patch,
then share patches with the list.

When comfortable enough with contributing regularily, send over
your public key and I'll give you write access to the repository.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien