Re: [O] Substitute for (bh/org-agenda-to-appt)

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] Substitute for (bh/org-agenda-to-appt)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 12:35:57 +0100

Hello Lou,

Louis Turk writes:

> With this fuction appointments are set up when Emacs starts:
>
> (bh/org-agenda-to-appt)

Presumably you got this function from here:

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

> I would like to substitute it with a function that sets the appointments
> up when org-mode starts instead of when emacs starts. The reason being
> that (bh/org-agenda-to-appt) causes all the org-agenda-files to load,
> which is very irritating when I'm editing none org-mode files (which is
> probably 95% of the time).

That webpage goes on to say:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
; Rebuild the reminders everytime the agenda is displayed
(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'bh/org-agenda-to-appt 'append)

; This is at the end of my .emacs - so appointments are set up when Emacs starts
(bh/org-agenda-to-appt)
#+END_QUOTE

So just comment out that line, like this:

;; (bh/org-agenda-to-appt)

or delete it, and that function won't be called when your emacs starts,
only when the agenda is displayed (assuming you set it up like that).

Myles