Re: [O] automatically run code blocks when loading an org-mode document

From: grewil3 .
Subject: Re: [O] automatically run code blocks when loading an org-mode document
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 06:46:11 +0200

Sir, you are a great genius - many thanks!

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
"grewil3 ." <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi! When I load the document below, I first need to manually evaluate the code block before I can use
> the links. I would like the code block to be automatically evaluated when I load the document, making
> the links usable at once.
>
> Is there some clever in-buffer-setting I can use, to specify that I want the block called on loading,
> some kind of post-load hook?
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (defun handy-stuff(arg)
>   (message arg))
> #+END_SRC
>
> [[elisp:(handy-stuff "foo")][foo]]
> [[elisp:(handy-stuff "bar")][bar]]

#  -*- find-file-hook: org-babel-execute-buffer -*-
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun handy-stuff(arg)
 (message arg))
#+END_SRC

[[elisp:(handy-stuff "foo")][foo]]
[[elisp:(handy-stuff "bar")][bar]]

will do that (but you get a question re. "safe" local variables when
you open the file). It also executes *every* code block in the buffer
which you might not want to do (although it does not matter in this
case).

--
Nick