Re: [O] org2pdf export broken on parabola

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] org2pdf export broken on parabola
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:28:31 +0100

Hi Divan,

2016ko abuztuak 23an, Divan Santana-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hi All,
>
> So I'm pretty new to Emacs and org-mode. Loving it so far.
>
> On parabola (FSF approved Arch linux distro) the default emacs org2pdf
> function is broken.
>
> Details on the reason here:
>
> https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/assist/2016-August/000716.html
>
> Something about freedom licensing issues I think.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) How can I work around this issue on parabola so I can export org 2
> pdf?
>
> 2) If there is an issue with the texlive fonts should org upstream not
> default to a free software compatible font? So org2pdf works on FSF
> approved distros?

AFAIK the default org export does not do any font selection (either
of free or non-free fonts).  So it should work just fine.

Obviously it does not for you, though.  It would be helpful if you could
send an example of an org document (it can be short/meaningless, as long
as it demonstrates the problem), the latex it produces on export, and
the latex compiler log file, so that we can see the error.  Looking at
that, we will probably be able to diagnose your problem more precisely,
and figure out what needs to be changed to make it work.

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay