[O] org file opened in latex mode when ending file w/ latex emacs signat

From: Giacomo M
Subject: [O] org file opened in latex mode when ending file w/ latex emacs signature
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:00:19 +0200

Dear all,

I tried to put at the end of an org document

* eof :ignore:
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:
#+END_LaTeX

to have it at the end of the latex export so that if I open the tex (e.g. for debugging) I can compile it directly (w/o the question on who is the master).

Oddly, when doing so, the org file is not anymore opened in org mode but in latex mode instead.

Why is that? Is it an expected behavior?

Thanks,

Giacomo